SEMSoc in conjunction with BASEM (British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine) would like to open the Tom Donaldson Poster Prize and request submissions from undergraduate students.
Tom Donaldson was the founder of the first undergraduate Sports and Exercise Medicine Society in Manchester. Having graduated as a doctor at the University of Manchester in January 2009, Tom sadly passed away on his elective in New Zealand a month later. An incredibly bubbly and charismatic person, Tom left a lasting impression on everyone he met. He was an inspiration to those that helped him start the society and his passion and enthusiasm for sports and exercise medicine was inspirational. It is in his memory that the society continues and that this prize is now run.
This year’s prize is a poster competition.
1st prize-£200 plus one year’s free membership to BASEM
2nd prize-£150 plus one year’s free membership to BASEM
3rd prize-£100 plus one year’s free membership to BASEM
All shortlisted posters will have the opportunity to be displayed at the 5th BASEM/FSEM Joint Annual Congress, held this year at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on the 4th and 5th October.
- The Tom Donaldson Prize is open to all undergraduates currently at a UK university
- Posters can be on any topic related to SEM, including reviews, case reports and original literature
- Submission of more than one project is permitted but only for distinct pieces of work
- The poster will be marked on clarity of ideas and presentation and originality of work
- A submission for the Tom Donaldson Prize excludes an individual from submitting the same abstract for the Association and Institute Prize for Sport and Exercise Medicine.
The deadline for entries is 5.00 pm on Friday 24th August 2018.
Notifications of the judging panel’s decision will be distributed by email by Friday 7th September 2018.
Posters should be submitted electronically for consideration. Entries should be emailed as a Microsoft PowerPoint attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. No late entries will be accepted.
The subject of the email and the attachment itself should contain the applicant’s full name and poster title. Please state in the email message; university attending, year of study and mobile number, also if the poster has previously been submitted or accepted in a conference or meeting, please state the name of that conference/meeting. In addition if a co-worker has contributed, please state their name and affiliation.